Job Ref:2013/1-Staging Tech
Job Ref: 2013/1-Staging Non Tech
Workshop Engineers – Birmingham – 3 Month Contract with Possible Extension
Our client is looking for Experienced Engineers and non-technical Engineers for their workshop in Tyseley.
As a Workshop Engineer you will be responsible for the testing, calibration and repair of EPOS and ATM equipment being prepared for onsite installation. You may also be required from time to time install limited modifications or Field Retrofit Orders (FROs).
You must have or be prepared to obtain PES (Pre-Employment Screening).
· Installing customers’ software onto equipment
· Identifying faults and repairing equipment
· Working to tight deadlines to meet consignments
· Generating a high productivity rate
· Being flexible to work additional hours where required
· Liaising with senior engineers and management
· Completing all paperwork accurately and on time
Skills and experience
· Previous experience of repairing/working with hardware is desirable but not necessary for the Non Technical Engineer vacancy.
· Good IT skills – not necessary for Non Technical Engineer vacancy.
· Excellent attention to detail
· Good communication skills
· Must be able to work on own initiative
· Retail EPOS and or ATM maintenance /install experience. Not required for Non Technical Engineer vacancy..
· Responsible for all client assets that will be used in the workshop (i.e. tools, software, documentation, and intellectual property), or as assigned by management.
· Maintain an appropriate parts inventory as well as parts record keeping.
· May require carrying and lifting a tool kit/parts of varying weights (1 – 20KG)
· May require bending/squatting, walking/standing/sitting for prolonged periods.
· Assuming cramped / unusual positions, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, bending, stooping and squatting.
· Function under stress and engage in interpersonal relations (heavy work load)
The position is 5 days a week Monday – Friday : 10 hours a day
£6.19 per hour (non Technical)
£8.50 per hour (Experienced)