Duration: 5 days
Course code: PBPP2FP
Dates in 2015: 05/01, 12/01, 19/01, 26/01, 02/02, 09/02, 16/02, 23/02, 02/03, 09/03, 16/03, 23/03, 13/04, 20/04, 27/04, 11/05, 18/05, 01/06, 08/06, 15/06, 22/06, 29/07, 06/07, 20/07
Call 01634 232364 to reserve your place.
Why QA for PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner
We don’t just want you to pass the PRINCE2® exams, we want to make you a great project manager. That’s why our 5-day PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course is different.
- Prepare more efficiently with highly engaging video-based pre-course learning
- Gain a deeper understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology with our unique interactive learning
- Go beyond the PRINCE2 methodology during the course to become a more effective project manager
- Guaranteed exam success on your publicly scheduled course or your money back with our exam insurance*
- Keep up to date with the profession and industry thought leaders with a 12 month subscription to Project Manager Today, the industry’s leading independent project management magazine
*QA Exam Insurance means you will be able to come on the same public course at a later date to resit your exam. If you fail the same exam three times, we will refund your course fee.
*Terms and conditions apply. For full details please see http://www.qa.com/notices/terms-and-conditions-prince2/
This five-day course, designed by QA’s industry leading project management experts, is fully accredited by the BCS and provides you with a thorough understanding of the internationally recognised PRINCE2 project management methodology.
It includes both the PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner exams and then takes you beyond the method by giving you additional tools and techniques to become a confident project leader. By working with world-class organisations, we are uniquely able to bring you a course that will give you the best opportunity to develop your project management career and deliver PRINCE2 projects confidently and competently, above and beyond just the syllabus areas.
At QA we don’t just want you to pass your PRINCE2 exams, we want to make you a better project manager.
PRINCE2 is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
- Unique multimedia pre-course orientation and support designed to help you quickly understand the PRINCE2 method in a practical environment
- The official PRINCE2 manual: ‘Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2′
- Five days of classroom training split into three modules:
Days 1 & 2 – Accelerated learning techniques and expert tutor guidance leading to the PRINCE2 Foundation exam
Day 3 (Morning) - Applying PRINCE2 in the real world – an interactive trainer led session building on your Foundation knowledge on how to apply PRINCE2 knowledge to your own projects
Days 3 (Afternoon), 4 and Day 5 – Experienced tutor support on the application and tailoring of the method leading to the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam. Your PRINCE2 Practitioner exam will be taken on the afternoon of Day 5
- No pre-requisites are necessary for this course, however, you would benefit from having some basic project management experience prior to attending. You will need to pass the Foundation examination (on day 2) prior to taking the Practitioner examination on day 5.
- Photo Identification for Examinations – You must bring photographic identification on exam days (passport, driving license or student card) as it is an examination requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification may result in a candidate not being able to sit the exams. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable, please contact your Account Manager or the QA Examination Administration team on 44 (0)01793 696273 or email@example.com.
Pre course reading:
You will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course. This pre-reading is interactive eLearning and is expected to take approximately two hours to complete – this is only a guide and you may wish to spend longer on this activity to help you prepare effectively. Your learning starts with this pre-reading, so please ensure you can complete the pre-course activities in full prior to attending.
If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course, please contact your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check that you are able to view your pre-reading correctly by verifying you meet the minimum technical system requirements. Please click here to view these technical requirements. Please also ensure that before you start your pre-reading, you read the terms and conditions in Clause 4.1 at the following link: http://www.qa.com/notices/terms-and-conditions-prince2/.
Delegates will learn how to
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
By passing the Foundation exam, delegates should understand the structure and key terminology of the method. Specifically, the delegate should understand:
- The characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- The purpose of the PRINCE2 roles, management products and themes
- The PRINCE2 principles
- The purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2 processes.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the delegate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation. A successful Practitioner delegate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Their individual project management expertise, complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2 in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
By passing the Practitioner exam, delegates should be able to apply and understand how to tailor PRINCE2 effectively to a project within an organization environment supporting PRINCE2. Specifically delegates should:
- Understand the relationships between the roles, management products, principles, themes, techniques and processes
- Be able to apply the principles, themes and processes to a project
- Be able to create and assess management products.
Delivered by fully accredited trainers and industry leading experts with extensive experience of using PRINCE2, the course uses QA’s unique multimedia case studies and accelerated learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and you feel confident in the practical application of PRINCE2.
You will be presented with the official PRINCE2 manual: ‘Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2′ on the first day of the course.
Additional work will be required during evenings consisting of consolidation reading, mock examination questions and exercises. This evening work is an integral part of the course and you should expect to spend 2 hours each evening on these activities. The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
- What PRINCE2 is and what it is not
- PRINCE2 links with other project/programme management standards.
- How it enhances the possibilities of Project Success.
- Overview of Tailoring PRINCE2
The Structure of PRINCE2
- Relationship between the PRINCE2 Processes, Activities and Themes.
- High level PRINCE2 Process map
The 7 PRINCE2 Principles
- Continued Business Justification
- Focus on Products
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Learn from Experience
- Tailor to Suit the Project Environment
The 7 PRINCE2 Processes
- Starting up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
The 7 PRINCE2 Themes
- Business Case
- Quality (including the PRINCE2 Quality Review Technique)
- Plans (including the PRINCE2 Product-Based Planning Technique)
- In preparation for your PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams, you will undertake:
- An explanation of mechanics of the Foundation and Practitioner exam, including the different styles of question within the
- Practitioner ‘Objective Test Examination’ format
- Examination techniques
- Mock Foundation and Practitioner questions, using official sample exam papers
- Question and answer session
- Revision of major topics
Applying PRINCE2 in your own projects
- Converting knowledge to action
- Real life application of PRINCE2
- Whats right and wrong
Accreditations and exams
You will sit the PRINCE2 Foundation examination at 3pm on the second day of the course.
The PRINCE2 Foundation exam consists of:
- 75 multiple choice questions (5 questions will be trial questions and not marked)
- 1 hour
- Delegates require a minimum of 35 correct answers (50%) to pass.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner examination takes place at 1pm of day 5.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam consists of:
- 8 questions, each worth 10 marks each. Total of 80 marks
- ‘Objective Test Examination’ format – a style of complex multiple-choice examination.
- You may use your official PRINCE2 manual: ‘Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2′ only
- Delegates require a minimum of 44 marks (55%) to pass
Please note: you must pass your Foundation exam before attempting your Practitioner exam.
By successfully passing your Practitioner exam, you attain ‘Registered Practitioner’ status which is recognition of knowledge, competency in the PRINCE2 methodology, and commitment to continuing professional development.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS